Team Building for Business
Use Horse Power for Leadership, Communication, Negotiation and Team Building
Come and spend a day in Oxfordshire surrounded by horses plus experienced and supportive tutors and find out the lessons from horses – the power of intention, focus and clear communication. World class tutors – both horse and human!
At Intelligent Horsemanship you and your colleagues can see the power of Join Up™ between horse and human and then learn and experience this powerful bonding process for yourself.
Up to 10 participants will have the wonderful opportunity to personally experience:
- Communicating with the horse in his own language to gain trust and respect
- “How to Lead” with the horse as co-teacher
- “Leading from behind” again with feedback from the horse
- Unique team building exercises which will stay in your mind long after the day.
- Remember HORSES CAN’T LIE. They don’t care who is the Chairman or who sorts the mail. At last honest feedback – if a person’s actions and emotions are not congruent – the horse will tell them!
We have many, many positive testimonials and can supply these (with contact numbers if requested).
One of our most memorable speakers of last year was Kelly Marks demonstrating Horse Whispering. A fascinating session using communication with horses to illustrate how we communicate. And how much we communicate without intending to do so!
The key learning points that I felt readily transfer to the work environment were:
- To communicate effectively:
- Recognise everyone is different. Try to communicate the same thing in at least three different ways.
- Make it easy by keeping it simple.
- Make yourself more interesting than a bunch of hay.
- Use the language of the recipient.
- Be clear with yourself what your intention is.
- Be purposeful not uncertain and vague.
And most importantly when under pressure – eg when faced by a tough question, create space for your right brain (intuition) to do its stuff.
Pause. Breathe. Think. Speak. – Bob Bradley
We’ve had some inspiring presenters at MD2MD over the years and our session with Horse Whisperer Kelly Marks must be up there in the top 10.
Kelly’s fascinating talk and practical demonstration using her horses illustrated how communication is often unspoken – and unintentional. Click here for more tips about communication and read on for more on Kelly’s session in Speakers’ Corner. – ‘Horsing Around’ by MD2MD
I had the best time ever! For me it was all about two way communication. Horses understanding the body language but also watching sharply for their slightest movement; their need to interpret the communication, as we need to do with them. Also, how easily this can be mis-communicated as well! Using one method at a time was best to ensure there was no confusion. I’m hoping this is has always been part of my day to day management style, albeit I now have far more awareness of getting it right.
The two exercises at the end of the day gave us the opportunity to show some teamwork, and trust in each other. When we got back home we felt it showed a strong leadership team. This gave a great vibe to our respective teams. I think on the day, each of the tutors did a great job with each of us, and in very subtle ways identified our best potential. I would happily have stayed another day. – From Charlie Street (Operations Manager Peak Scientific)
Hi Kelly, What can I say. Fabulous session. Really worked so well so thank you so much.
I would love to talk about how we could do more together. – Jane Sparrow www.theCultureBuilders.com
“Thanks again for hosting our event, we all had an incredible time and found our time with Kelly extremely inspiring.” – Emily UKTV